So I've meant to do a "What's in My Bag" post for ages. Not because there is anything interesting in my bag, but because its that one fun post prompt that shows up on nearly every list.
I've never gotten around to it because, well...there isn't usually anything interesting in my bag!
But, for Christmas this year my parents surprised me with a gorgeous sugar skull purse in my favorite shade of teal.
As I dug through my old bag, I realized this was a great time to inventory what I had been carrying around for...um. Awhile.
So, for the fun of it, here is what was in my (old) bag:
Note...I'm not good at certain adulting things, like carrying a purse. I get one and carry it for ages, and things just kind of go in and come back out.
Its like a mobile kitchen junk drawer. During my exploration of my old purse, I found:
- Sunglasses (I carry them everywhere even though I wear my contacts like, maybe three times a year?)
- Contact rewetting drops (see above)
- Hand sanitizer
- Lipstick with a missing cap
- 2 pairs of earrings
- 2 lighters
- 3 mechanical pencils
- 1 Sharpie pen (of course)
- 1 eraser
- 1 Bic ink pen
- Partner's doc appointment card from March (yeesh)
- 1 My Little Pony toy
- 2 mismatched Barbie shoes
- Loose glitter
- $1.43 in sticky change
- 1 melted peppermint
- 2 lollipops with broken sticks
- Small pen knife
- Pony tail holders
- A pebble
- A small carbiner
- An apple seed someone was saving
- Receipts from holiday shopping
- 5 old grocery lists
- A random number written on a scrap of paper (?)
- 2 Walmart smiley face stickers
- Nail file
- A battered Ibuprofen tablet
- Gumball machine toy
- A Lego
- 1 screw. To....?
- Some mysterious gritty...dust (?) at the very bottom of the bag.
It also serves as a safe place for them to store the treasures of the day, like smiley face stickers and apple seeds they are going to plant come spring.
What isn't in my purse? Money. That's what's not in there! If I'm in an emergency situation, I'm going to have to figure a way out using a pen knife and a lollipop stick!
On the bright side, if anyone ever snatches my purse, the joke is on them. I hope they have fun digging around and accidentally touching the hairy, gritty, glittery melted peppermint that's smeared with lipstick.
While I'm not huge on making non-flexible resolutions for the New Year, I'm going to say I think 2019 should be the year I try to keep a cleaner purse.
Now...what is in your bag?